Skip to main content

Things I don't say.

The things I don’t say.
But I want to.
I am way too nice. I have my moments. But chances are, if you ask me for help, I am there. I will do anything for you. But I will not ask you for help. I am infinitely capable of handling anything and everything on my own. At least that it what I will tell you. Please know, that is a lie and I am incapable of asking for assistance. Pride? I don’t know. I just know that I do this thing, even when I am using the last ounce of energy I have left to do so.  And I would not imagine putting anyone else out in the process.
I think it is a waste of life to be spiteful. I have witnessed so many people this past year use spite as a weapon. And I think that is a good portion of what is wrong with the world. WHY is everyone so angry? My gosh, just try to be loving. It really is not that hard.
Forgiveness really does release your heart from pain that you shouldn’t have to carry. I know this deeply and most personally.
Oh, and I guess I will be taboo. I will talk about my desire for love. When you are IN love, it seems to be appropriate to relish in it, to boast of it, and to shout from the rooftops your joy and bliss. I have noticed that any time I have mentioned my desire for love – I am told why I do not have it.
1)     You do not put yourself out there.
(I did. I went on a date. The guy ignored me after. Which is fine. But I did in fact put myself out there.)
2)     You are looking too hard.
(No, No I am not. I am not looking. I am too busy to look. I am raising two children on my own and I work a full-time job. The only think I am looking for is a nap. And for someone to do my laundry.)
3)     Try online dating. It’s the thing to do now!
(I am not interested in online dating. I know it works for some people. And I am not knocking it at all. I just feel like it is not for me. At least for now.)
4)     You are NOT missing anything / You can have mine / DO NOT get married again
(You would not believe how much I hear these things. I think it’s all meant to be funny. But I feel offended when people talk about love with such disregard. Yeah, it’s not all fun and games… but… it is something that is meant to be treasured. Maybe I am naïve. But I have been alone for so long. And I feel in my heart that when I have it, I will cherish it – even when I want to strangle the guy.)

2017 – I hope you are the year that will end my reign of loneliness. 6 ½ years is a long time for someone like me to not feel loved and wanted. Let’s not make it 7 ½ by this time next year. Deal?
See what I mean, though? It is taboo to talk about your desire for love. It makes one seem desperate or pathetic – at least that is how I feel that it comes across for me. But, I am not. I will continue to live my life without a partner for as long as it takes to find my match. It is okay for me to want companionship, and to talk about wanting it without being reprimanded or judged.

To end, I know that I talk like a flower-child. But I do believe in peace, love and happiness. And I will continue to hold on to that hope, because it keeps my heart going. Do what works for you, and I will do what works for me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Mom to Autumn and Lucas. 2008-present Sometimes it feels like the only job I have is mother. Anyone who has done a resume understands the above. :) So where is the balance? For me, as a very single mom, it can be difficult. I work a full time job and come home to take care of two kids, a dog, a house, and a car all on my own. Now if you're a superstar and find no difficulty in accomplishing all of this without being constantly exhausted, please, for the love of all that is holy and good, tell me how! LOL! I find myself questioning my abilities on a daily basis. ● Am I giving enough? ● Am I teaching them enough? ● Am I being too hard on them? ● Am I disciplining them enough? ● Am I a horrible mother for giving them pb&j with applesauce and cheeze its for dinner, because I am too damn tired to cook them a well balanced dinner tonight? .... the list goes on and on. Then... we go to bed [disclaimer: I share my bed with my children. They rarely sleep in their own beds by

The window has closed.

So yesterday my little man was sick. He woke up very early crying and screaming in pain. It got to the point where I felt it best that I take him to the ER. I had tried to get him an appt on Friday, but they only had one right in the middle of my work day. Turns out my little buddy has a sinus infection and a double ear infection. So I stayed home and took care of him yesterday! This blog isn't about lucas being sick, though. As I woke up this morning, holding him in my arms, I felt so sad that I would have to drop him off somewhere else.... for somebody else to play with him. I have missed the window. I have always wanted to be a stay at home mom. And I missed it. Being a single mom, that is pretty much impossible. I want to get out in the Sunshine on a Wednesday at 10 am and take my kids to the park. I want to take them on a hike. I want to do a scavenger hunt with them on a Friday afternoon. I am away from my house from 745am-545/6pm Monday through friday. When we get home I

Watered down.

I haven't had time to write. Or, let's just be honest... I just don't know what to write about. I want to feel inspired to write. One thing that has been weighing heavily on my mind is my ability (or lack thereof) to not care what people think of me. It's always been a problem. I pretend pretty well that I don't care. But I do. It's a flaw I wish I could banish into a black hole. I want to be liked. But I am constantly feeling misunderstood. Which makes me think,  am I misunderstood?  Or am I just unlikable?  I don't really think I am unlikable,  for the record. But it crosses my mind. I have moments of clarity where I say to myself,  "This person does not matter to you. Be yourself. They have no idea who you are." Awesome! But those moments are often after days where I feel like the world is working against me. And I do not like to have negative thoughts. So I think that a lot of what my problem is, and always has been,  is that I am overly sens