Skip to main content

It's been too long!

It has been quite a while since I've written. December to be exact. And now, here we are, almost to the middle of September 2017. Much has changed. Since then, the kids and I have moved into my moms house. The three of us are sleeping in one room. I have a cot for one to sleep on, and the other sleeps with me. They rotate nights, so they each get their turn to snuggle with me. Why, at thirty-one, am I living with my mother? It's not as bad as it sounds. I didn't lose my job. I'm not falling on hard times. 

I AM BUYING A HOUSE! 

In the last six months since we moved in, I have been working my tail off to get my credit right (my score has increased over 100 points in that time), I have been paying down debts, and saving where I can. Six months from now, when I start to look for houses, I will be where I need to be. I am so proud of myself. One year out of my life, living uncomfortably, is worth the rest of our lives feeling secure. 

I also put a pin in college. I did two semesters. I got good grades. I am Proud of myself. I keep saying I'm just taking a break. But I honestly don't know how long that will be. I was beginning to feel like a subpar mother, and I couldn't handle it. My kids come first. During the school year for them, we already have so little time in between activities and homework, I did not want to continue taking more time away from them. It's not an excuse. But if you have read my blogs for a while, or know me on a personal level, you will know that being a mother and having my own family has always been number one in my life. 

Am I in a relationship now? Did 2017 end my reign of single-life (read my last post)? Nope. Not even a little! Lol. I have put myself out there a couple times. But it's pretty easy for me to tell when someone will not fit into our life. And also, not everyone I meet is going to believe I fit into theirs. As I said before, I have no issue waiting for the right match. I've been doing it for 7 years now (yes... single for 7 long years), and I can manage a few more if necessary. 

The kids are fantastic. The school year started on August 10th. They're in 2nd and 3rd grade now. They both like their teachers. Lucas has straight As right now and Autumn has some grades to bring up. She's doing well though and I'm proud of both of them. She's always had to work harder for success academically, and I keep reiterating to her that it makes her success that much sweeter! She can do anything she sets her mind to! Lucas has been blessed with wonderful teachers this year and is thriving. No behavior issues at all and he is enjoying school once again. So of course, my heart is happy. So much has changed in the last year, and we continue to grow and learn. 

Since this is a catch up blog, I'm not focusing on one subject. So I'm going to end with this. I'm going to focus on writing more. While my life is full and busy, I am feeling like I have less people to interact with / to count on. And so my feelings and thoughts have somewhat barricaded. I have withdrawn into myself quite a lot. I already know from past experience that, as an empath, and as a person who thrives in relationships of all forms, I need to release. So here I am! Back at it! 

Thanks for reading! 
💙Nikki 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Mom to Autumn and Lucas. 2008-present Sometimes it feels like the only job I have is mother. Anyone who has done a resume understands the above. :) So where is the balance? For me, as a very single mom, it can be difficult. I work a full time job and come home to take care of two kids, a dog, a house, and a car all on my own. Now if you're a superstar and find no difficulty in accomplishing all of this without being constantly exhausted, please, for the love of all that is holy and good, tell me how! LOL! I find myself questioning my abilities on a daily basis. ● Am I giving enough? ● Am I teaching them enough? ● Am I being too hard on them? ● Am I disciplining them enough? ● Am I a horrible mother for giving them pb&j with applesauce and cheeze its for dinner, because I am too damn tired to cook them a well balanced dinner tonight? .... the list goes on and on. Then... we go to bed [disclaimer: I share my bed with my children. They rarely sleep in their own beds by

The window has closed.

So yesterday my little man was sick. He woke up very early crying and screaming in pain. It got to the point where I felt it best that I take him to the ER. I had tried to get him an appt on Friday, but they only had one right in the middle of my work day. Turns out my little buddy has a sinus infection and a double ear infection. So I stayed home and took care of him yesterday! This blog isn't about lucas being sick, though. As I woke up this morning, holding him in my arms, I felt so sad that I would have to drop him off somewhere else.... for somebody else to play with him. I have missed the window. I have always wanted to be a stay at home mom. And I missed it. Being a single mom, that is pretty much impossible. I want to get out in the Sunshine on a Wednesday at 10 am and take my kids to the park. I want to take them on a hike. I want to do a scavenger hunt with them on a Friday afternoon. I am away from my house from 745am-545/6pm Monday through friday. When we get home I

Watered down.

I haven't had time to write. Or, let's just be honest... I just don't know what to write about. I want to feel inspired to write. One thing that has been weighing heavily on my mind is my ability (or lack thereof) to not care what people think of me. It's always been a problem. I pretend pretty well that I don't care. But I do. It's a flaw I wish I could banish into a black hole. I want to be liked. But I am constantly feeling misunderstood. Which makes me think,  am I misunderstood?  Or am I just unlikable?  I don't really think I am unlikable,  for the record. But it crosses my mind. I have moments of clarity where I say to myself,  "This person does not matter to you. Be yourself. They have no idea who you are." Awesome! But those moments are often after days where I feel like the world is working against me. And I do not like to have negative thoughts. So I think that a lot of what my problem is, and always has been,  is that I am overly sens