Skip to main content

PLANNING OUR DREAM FAMILY VACATION!

"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney 

In less than five months, the kids and I will be in the most magical place on Earth! I have wanted for so long to take the kids on a Walt Disney World Vacation, but it has never worked out until now. And honestly, I think the timing is perfect. The kids will be just under 8 and 7, and will be able to enjoy most rides. SO EXCITING. I may be more excited than everyone else. Just maybe!

So for our first official Disney Vaca, there will be a group of us going. 



We will be going during what is considered a low-crowd time, for which I am so grateful. Not only that, but we are going in November. Anyone who lives in FL knows how hot it is during the summer months, so I am very happy to be going during the winter.

This vacation was first and foremost an early birthday present for the kids. They will be turning 7 and 8 in December. While December would have been more ideal, Disney is VERY busy around Christmas from what I gather. So, going in November was kind of a no-brainer. Also, we will happen to be in Disney on my mom's birthday - she has never been to Disney World. So I thought it would be a great opportunity to celebrate her birthday as well with something she has never done before! So Grandma and Grandpa had to come along!

As for Kaila - Well, what is a fun Disney Vaca without a friend to tag along and enjoy all the fun with us?! Plus - she may have to take my daredevil daughter on a few rollercoasters. I have pretty bad motion sickness (I am going to get a patch and HOPE that it gets me through).

I plan on writing a series of blogs outlining the planning process - parks we are visiting, where we are staying, special events we will attend, how I am surprising the kids (yes, it's a surprise, so SHHH!), etc.

So, come along and enjoy this magical journey with us! 

<3 NIKKI

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Mom to Autumn and Lucas. 2008-present Sometimes it feels like the only job I have is mother. Anyone who has done a resume understands the above. :) So where is the balance? For me, as a very single mom, it can be difficult. I work a full time job and come home to take care of two kids, a dog, a house, and a car all on my own. Now if you're a superstar and find no difficulty in accomplishing all of this without being constantly exhausted, please, for the love of all that is holy and good, tell me how! LOL! I find myself questioning my abilities on a daily basis. ● Am I giving enough? ● Am I teaching them enough? ● Am I being too hard on them? ● Am I disciplining them enough? ● Am I a horrible mother for giving them pb&j with applesauce and cheeze its for dinner, because I am too damn tired to cook them a well balanced dinner tonight? .... the list goes on and on. Then... we go to bed [disclaimer: I share my bed with my children. They rarely sleep in their own beds by

The window has closed.

So yesterday my little man was sick. He woke up very early crying and screaming in pain. It got to the point where I felt it best that I take him to the ER. I had tried to get him an appt on Friday, but they only had one right in the middle of my work day. Turns out my little buddy has a sinus infection and a double ear infection. So I stayed home and took care of him yesterday! This blog isn't about lucas being sick, though. As I woke up this morning, holding him in my arms, I felt so sad that I would have to drop him off somewhere else.... for somebody else to play with him. I have missed the window. I have always wanted to be a stay at home mom. And I missed it. Being a single mom, that is pretty much impossible. I want to get out in the Sunshine on a Wednesday at 10 am and take my kids to the park. I want to take them on a hike. I want to do a scavenger hunt with them on a Friday afternoon. I am away from my house from 745am-545/6pm Monday through friday. When we get home I

Watered down.

I haven't had time to write. Or, let's just be honest... I just don't know what to write about. I want to feel inspired to write. One thing that has been weighing heavily on my mind is my ability (or lack thereof) to not care what people think of me. It's always been a problem. I pretend pretty well that I don't care. But I do. It's a flaw I wish I could banish into a black hole. I want to be liked. But I am constantly feeling misunderstood. Which makes me think,  am I misunderstood?  Or am I just unlikable?  I don't really think I am unlikable,  for the record. But it crosses my mind. I have moments of clarity where I say to myself,  "This person does not matter to you. Be yourself. They have no idea who you are." Awesome! But those moments are often after days where I feel like the world is working against me. And I do not like to have negative thoughts. So I think that a lot of what my problem is, and always has been,  is that I am overly sens