Skip to main content

Thirty.

In the blink of an eye... I have become a thirty-year-old woman. I think that when you reach certain ages, it is fairly normal to evaluate your life to determine if you are where you are supposed to be. And I am certainly no exception. I have actually for the most part - been GENUINELY excited to start this new decade of my life. A lot happened in my 20's. Good things, bad things, mediocre things... All of which I am grateful for. Without those challenges, my life would be drastically different.

Here are some things that happened in my 20's that I LOVED:

1. Autumn Elaine (22)
2. Lucas Alan (23)
3. Started a new job at Home Instead Senior Care at 24, just days after my ex-husband left. This job brought many good things to my life - including 2 women who I will always consider friends. I learned about living independently, and that I COULD go on without a spouse and be just fine.
4. At 26 (almost 27), I started working at Twin Cities Family Practice. So far, it is the best job I have held. I truly am grateful for the people I work with and the flexibility to be a devoted mother before anything else. For any single mother (heck, for any mother, period, regardless of relationship status), that is something invaluable.
5. At 29 years old, I started College. It's a good thing, even though it has been very difficult to balance time.

I was going to also post about some of the negative things that happened to me in my 20's, but then I thought... why do that? This post is all about moving forward. This birthday is a new beginning. Don't you love new beginnings? It just feels fresh and brand new, like anything is possible. I suppose that could be any day of the week. But there is something about a monumental birthday that makes it a little more intriguing.

I hope my 30's brings so much happiness to my life. I am working really hard to make sure that happens. My 30's are the years that my children will be growing up. By the end of this decade, my babies will almost be ready to graduate high school and move on in the world without me by their side (I am a helicopter mom if you were not aware... so that is a HUGE deal to me, lol). I really hope that I find love in this next chapter. I don't really have anything to elaborate about that. I just think everyone deserves to love and be loved. I want that, too.

This year, I got myself a birthday gift - for as long as I can remember, I have been struggling with my health and weight. I have felt so darn ugly. I have always taken care of the kids first, and left no time for myself. I started to think differently recently. I started to believe that I WAS worth it. So my gift to myself is the gift of confidence, health, and determination. With those things combined - Since beginning my journey on May 31st - I have lost 18.4 lbs! I Still have a long way to go. But, I am 5 weeks into this and I am not stopping. I cannot wait to see where this leads me. There is no stopping me now. Not ready to post any pictures, but I will keep you all updated. :-)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Mom to Autumn and Lucas. 2008-present Sometimes it feels like the only job I have is mother. Anyone who has done a resume understands the above. :) So where is the balance? For me, as a very single mom, it can be difficult. I work a full time job and come home to take care of two kids, a dog, a house, and a car all on my own. Now if you're a superstar and find no difficulty in accomplishing all of this without being constantly exhausted, please, for the love of all that is holy and good, tell me how! LOL! I find myself questioning my abilities on a daily basis. ● Am I giving enough? ● Am I teaching them enough? ● Am I being too hard on them? ● Am I disciplining them enough? ● Am I a horrible mother for giving them pb&j with applesauce and cheeze its for dinner, because I am too damn tired to cook them a well balanced dinner tonight? .... the list goes on and on. Then... we go to bed [disclaimer: I share my bed with my children. They rarely sleep in their own beds by

The window has closed.

So yesterday my little man was sick. He woke up very early crying and screaming in pain. It got to the point where I felt it best that I take him to the ER. I had tried to get him an appt on Friday, but they only had one right in the middle of my work day. Turns out my little buddy has a sinus infection and a double ear infection. So I stayed home and took care of him yesterday! This blog isn't about lucas being sick, though. As I woke up this morning, holding him in my arms, I felt so sad that I would have to drop him off somewhere else.... for somebody else to play with him. I have missed the window. I have always wanted to be a stay at home mom. And I missed it. Being a single mom, that is pretty much impossible. I want to get out in the Sunshine on a Wednesday at 10 am and take my kids to the park. I want to take them on a hike. I want to do a scavenger hunt with them on a Friday afternoon. I am away from my house from 745am-545/6pm Monday through friday. When we get home I

Watered down.

I haven't had time to write. Or, let's just be honest... I just don't know what to write about. I want to feel inspired to write. One thing that has been weighing heavily on my mind is my ability (or lack thereof) to not care what people think of me. It's always been a problem. I pretend pretty well that I don't care. But I do. It's a flaw I wish I could banish into a black hole. I want to be liked. But I am constantly feeling misunderstood. Which makes me think,  am I misunderstood?  Or am I just unlikable?  I don't really think I am unlikable,  for the record. But it crosses my mind. I have moments of clarity where I say to myself,  "This person does not matter to you. Be yourself. They have no idea who you are." Awesome! But those moments are often after days where I feel like the world is working against me. And I do not like to have negative thoughts. So I think that a lot of what my problem is, and always has been,  is that I am overly sens