Skip to main content

Corners.

I often wonder if I really know the people around me. I have had so many relationships where I have put my whole trust in someone, only to find out later on, that there true colors were never exposed to me fully. I feel, with all my heart, that when I love someone, whether it be in friendship or a romantic relationship, that I give myself to that person. I am me. I find it hard to be anything but. Well, I felt that way. Maybe not anymore. Because, as it turns out, I have withheld the corners of my heart for quite some time.

I am a happy person... do not get me wrong. But there is so much more to me than what I portray. I am, by nature, a sensitive, emotional, serious person. I have focused so much on trying to be "light" and "laid-back" that I have, as I said, withheld myself from those I love. I have a connection issue. It is something I have been working on for over a year now. I have friends, but I do not feel connected to them in a way I felt before. It is a defense mechanism that I created after some terrible things happened to me shortly after my son was born, which co-incited with the fall of my marriage.

CONNECT. It's all I want to do. I want someone to see me for who I am, and love me in spite of it. Or better yet, BECAUSE of it.

There is nothing better for a heart than deep, unconditional love. I remember how that felt. My heart felt full, then. Even the corners. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLANNING OUR DREAM FAMILY VACATION!

"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney  In less than five months, the kids and I will be in the most magical place on Earth! I have wanted for so long to take the kids on a Walt Disney World Vacation, but it has never worked out until now. And honestly, I think the timing is perfect. The kids will be just under 8 and 7, and will be able to enjoy most rides. SO EXCITING. I may be more excited than everyone else. Just maybe! So for our first official Disney Vaca, there will be a group of us going.  We will be going during what is considered a low-crowd time, for which I am so grateful. Not only that, but we are going in November. Anyone who lives in FL knows how hot it is during the summer months, so I am very happy to be going during the winter. This vacation was first and foremost an early birthday present for the kids. They will be turning 7 and 8 in December. While December would have been more ideal, Disney is VERY busy around Christmas from what I ...

I get it.

Wow, guys! What a crazy and busy week it was. I am so glad it is over. Last night was so peaceful. The kids fell asleep on me while we were watching TV, and I just thought to myself, "How lucky am I?" I am so lucky and grateful to have my kids. And they love me, faults and all. Unconditionally. As I do, them. This weekend is going to be pretty quiet. Full of laundry, cleaning, and all things domestic. I wish I could say we we're doing something fun and exciting, but it's hard to do fun and exciting things in dirty underwear, right?! Haha! Tomorrow we are going to the Williams house for Sunday Funday Pizza Night. I just made that up. I'll work on it.  I met with my advisor again. I have my first 4 semesters mapped out. And, even though I have to take a college prep math course that will not count towards my degree credit hours, after 1 full year, I will be halfway done with the AA portion of my degree. So, though I originally thought this may take me 6-8 y...

A Letter To My Daughter On Her 9th Birthday

♥️ My Dear Autumn,  Today, you are 9! You were born on December 8, 2008. You were 5 lbs, 11 oz and were 19 inches long. As I look at you today, I am reminded that life is short. You stand before me a budding young woman. I don’t know that I will ever be able to accurately describe to you what it’s like to love you. I fall short of being a perfect mother. I make mistakes. And all the while, you give me grace. Your heart is pure. You are just like me, Autumn. Knowing what I know, and how this life has shaped me into who I am, and the struggles I had along the way — it is my mission to give you every tool you need to take all the qualities the world will look at as weak, and help you to turn them into a driving force of love and positivity. You will impact so many with your passion and creativity. I want to thank you. You turned me into a mother. You gave me life. You continue, daily, to challenge me in ways I never knew you would. This life is not easy, sweetie plum. But I promise yo...